Thursday 3 April 2014

There, They’re and Their

Task
There, they’re and their. Research and find out when you should use these 3 homonyms.
When should you use they’re? We use they're as a contraction for they are. (E.G) "Hurry up they're closing the shop at six."
When should you use their? We use their when we related to a person. (E.G) "My friends has lost their tickets."
When should you use there? We use there when we are referring to a place. (E.G) "Over there by the shop."
Give 1 of your OWN example sentences for each.
I'm so glad that they're so nice to new students.
There is an antique store on Cameron Road.
My friends are coming to my birth day I hope they bring their togs.
Do this exercise and this exercise. Record your score for the 2 exercises.
16/20
4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment