Thursday 5 June 2014

When you snap a Glow Stick

What I think now (before we start)
I think when you snap a glow stick the chemicals in it break and start a chemical and then mixes it.

What I think now (after hearing others’ ideas)
 I think when you snap a glow stick a little glass tube inside snaps and release other chemicals into the liquid and creates a chemical reaction.


What I think now (after seeing Miss C cut open the tube)
I think that when you snap a glow stick a little glass tube inside snaps and release other chemicals into the liquid and creates a chemical reaction.

What I think now (after researching)
In the plastic tube there is something called Phenyl Oxalate Solution which is a colored dye with chemicals and in the glass tube there is Hydrogen Peroxide Solution

Synthesis is Where you come up with a reason experiment and research

No comments:

Post a Comment